Creation of a Short Film : 'Moments' : The Final Film...


Here is m final A2 advanced production short film, after hours of researching into the concepts of short film, the elements that have made a short film either successful or not, the many hours brainstorming my ideas and planning each individual component I can finally say that I have been able to do what I thought would be the impossible - create my own short film! Grab the popcorn and enjoy!

After a surprise lesson, we decided to take the opportunity to screen some of our short films and therefore I was able to receive a quick bit of feedback to it:
Feedback One : "I love the indent and the title, they are very professional. The music works brilliantly with the visuals and the range of shots and the pace of it fit in very well. I love the locations and the facts its snowing! Well done!"
Feedback Two : "Love the ident and titling! Music is fitting and gives it a lovely pace :) Great variation and selection of shots. The plot is very sweet and the audience is able to easily connect and engages with it. Really like the variety in locations, demonstrates the time and effort put into it. Very emotive piece, well done!"
Feedback Three : "Your ident is amazing and really fit well with this piece. Music fits well and seems to set up a kind of intrigue and aids the story telling. Theres something really charming about the narrative. Because there's no narration it draws you in further, you're not spoon fed what you should be feeling"
Feedback Four : "Well shot. Music fits the visuals really well. Think it would have benefited from faint background noise to add to the atmosphere"
Feedback Five : " well done. I love the use of shoes. The snow made it fabulous. Was amazing"
Feedback Six : "Violent waves at the start! I like how the music changes slight from inside to outside. What is she actually doing on her phone? Music makes it a lot more romantic. I bet she's got a cold bum on the bench! Again good music change when finding another pair of shoes! Slow on her bum hehe! Love the quote in big that she sees. Really emphasis on the point of capturing every moment with her photos. Why do the part? :( Maybe they could of gone together?"
Feedback Seven : "I really like the film and its concept especially the music adds a whole new level to the pieces creating a vibrant atmosphere that works really nicely with the mise-en-scene and footage. The filming is spectacular; the snowy London scene are great to look at. Well done!"


I have also personally decided to stream my piece not only on YouTube, but also on my facebook and ask for general feedback to my piece, which I found of great value. On my YouTube account I have received 85 views and 2 likes, which is defiantly an improvement on the 22 views for my AS piece! In terms of my facebook the main comments I received were :
Facebook Responce One : Alice, I LOVED this!!! I was so intrigued whilst I was watching this, and the music was so beautiful! as was the snow!! WELL DONE!!!!! :D xxxxxxxxxxxxx”
Facebook Resonse Two : “Wow, Alice this was so professional!! Seriously, it was beautiful!! Really well filmed, the transition between shots was so natural and told the story really well, the music and logo were lovely too. It's a really original concept!!”
Facebook Responce Three : "Alice this was so beautiful! I don't think you could've chosen a better title, 'Moments' fits with the Film so well. The music reflected the mood completely, along with the dark lighting (getting in your mise-en-scene!) You used so many different camera angles which kept it interesting for the viewer. The fonts of the credits really suited the whole film.
Facebook Response Four : "It's beautiful! Enchanting in fact, couldn't look away for a second! Well done you xxx
Facebook Response Five : "Alice, I enjoyed that. You're very clever! The snow was beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment